Happy Friday the 13th! We’ve survived another week of 2020, congratulations y’all. It’s been a long week and I am worn out and facing another weekend of work as I try to figure out the CDC’s reporting for our Point of Care Antigen testing and we brace for the pending 3rd wave of Covid-19 which is definitely building. So tonight I am going to choose to find a few things to be grateful for this week:
- My family, my sister is a public school teacher and her life and work is no picnic right now; but she called to check on me tonight.
- I am grateful that thus far my family has been safe and healthy, there are a few of us that are in the direct firing line of Covid-19.
- I am grateful that right now we have the supplies we need.
- As a nursing home administrator I am extremely grateful I don’t live or work anywhere near the gulf coast so I don’t have to worry about Covid and hurricanes at the same time.
- My soft comfy bed that is calling my name.
- Whole Foods Curbside pick up
- The magic of a Hallmark movie, there’s no way any self respecting hospital would allow a nurse to take 2 weeks off at Christmas but I love make believe and happy endings.
- Friends that can make you laugh even when they’re in Kansas City and Montana.
- The team I am fortunate to lead that just doesn’t quit, they are true healthcare heroes.
- I am grateful I am done with the list so I can attend to item #5!
Good night friends, stay safe!