Today I feel the need to keep things simple. I know there’s a lot that has already been said about the current political environment and most of us are waiting on tenterhooks for the results of tonight’s election; I am not certain what more needs to be said so I am offering up my one and only pray for tonight – “Let there be peace on Earth and let it begin with me.” Regardless of the results or lack there of, I am committed to learning more about the world that people of color experience, to be a better leader, to look for opportunities to be kinder, to make life better for those around me, and to leave the world in a little better shape than how I found it.
Today I am Grateful For:
- A space to share my thoughts and friends that have reached out to support my challenge.
- Friends that served as poll workers during early voting and today to ensure that all who wanted the opportunity were able to vote.
- A community that makes work feel like home, even on the hardest day.
- The right to vote. The 19th Amendment giving Women the right to vote was ratified in 1920.
- My zippy Red Volvo (yes friends I traded Oliver in for Roxanne) a Red Volvo XC40, I refer to her as my Covid car and I do enjoy driving her. Tomorrow she’s getting a tow bar installed so we can officially start shopping for teardrop campers.
- Heated steering wheels, yes you need one.
- Another week of negative Covid tests for me and my staff.
- Shooting stars, and making wishes – I saw one tonight as I was leaving work, which I think must be a good sign.
- Hallmark movies – inspiration for what might be my best idea for an employee engagement/appreciation event EVER! The Winter Festival.
- Flannel sheets on my bed even though its currently 74 degrees in my apartment with the windows open and the ceiling fan on. I’ll probably turn the AC on when its bed time.
Prayers for peace, love and that calmer heads will prevail.