Today was hard Y’all, I suspect that tomorrow will be hard too or at least present a new set of challenges. I’d like to share some of the specifics, but I haven’t completely worked through how much I can share and keep my job. Here’s something I do know, I think this act of writing everyday has helped, is helping. It’s late and it has been a very long day so I am going to gift you with a kick gratitude list:
- My Director of Nursing, she’s kind, compassionate, and hardworking. She’s right there by my side when I need her.
- My Sister, Niece and Mom who are willing to go pick up Eloise at the drop of a hat, when her Mother is stuck at work.
- A good grilled cheese with tomato soup; I know food doesn’t fix our problems but it sure makes you feel better at the end of a long day.
- Getting to the last episode of Dash & Lilly on Netflix, it was delightful!
- Finally, I am grateful that my coping skills have improved since this pandemic started; it surely makes life a little easier.
Friends; please, please, please wash your hands, wear your masks and practice physical distancing. Covid is for real and I’d really like to be able to take a few days off.