Hello Friends! I hope everyone has had a great week. Mine has been exhausting and I’m glad it is over and I have some down time this week. The 2013 National Leading Age Conference was in Dallas this week and it consumed more of my time than I had planned – if you’ve never spent time with people that work in long term care and senior living you’re really missing out. Not only do we work hard, my work week started last Sunday at 7:00 am, some of us tend to party hard too… maybe harder than we should, but anyway I digress. I still don’t feel like I’m doing the best job of keeping up with the blog and realize I still need to write part 2 of my trip to Kansas City and running the 1/2 Marathon, but I can at least come up with another Friday Five and this one is dedicated to the current top 5 songs on my running or driving with the top down playlist:
- Cedric Gervais & Howard Jones – Things Can Only Get Better (Remix) It’s Howard Jones so and a little bit of techno, so how can you not love this song? And if you don’t know who Howard Jones is you need to spend sometime studying the awesome music of the 80s and I’d also suggest that you watch Pretty in Pink, the Breakfast Club, Back to the Future, 16 Candles and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off because you obvioulsy weren’t blessed with the good fortune to grow up in the 80s. Oh and invest in some good early Madonna while you’re at it.
- Brit Nicole – Gold: I wake up between 4:00 and 4:30 am 5 days a week to run so I sometimes need something on the positive side and this has it all, Girl Power Message with a good beat!
- Robin Thicke – Blurred Lines: I know this might be a controversial choice, but its my playlist and you don’t have to listen to it!
- a-ha – Take On Me: Another classic 80s hit, but this is the original no remix needed. And if your still struggling with the awesomeness of the 80s please referr to #1.
- Snow Patrol – Just Say Yes: Back at the end of 2012, someone shared this song on their blog and suggested it as a personal theme song. I picked it as mine for 2013 and some pretty awesome things have happened, things that I’ve talked about doing for years. I’m still using it as my personal theme song because there is so much more that I need to, “just say yes,” too in 2013!
It actually was hard to narrow down the list to just 5 because I have so many great songs that get me moving in the morning so maybe I’ll do another sample from the AuntJenFox play list soon!