TGIF Friends! We survived another week in 2020, congratulations to all of us. Today has been a day. It’s late, I’m tired and slightly distracted by an episode of Schitt’s Creek so I am turning to my trusty bag of writing prompts for tonight’s post. I sincerely hope that you all are finding ways to break from the shit show that is our current electoral process and the prolonged pressures of Covid-19. My suggestion; listen to music that makes you feel good, spend some time outside, and connect with a friend or someone you love.
Tonight’s prompt is 25 Things About Me!
- I love Laura Ingalls Wilder and the Little House on the Prairie books, in fact I just downloaded a book about the Long Winter. The Beautiful Snow, and I can’t wait to dive in this weekend.
- I could happily survive on chips and salsa
- I enjoy driving fast while listening to the Beastie Boys cranked up on the stereo
- I’m in the market for a teardrop trailer
- I am letting my hair go gray, no more color for me!
- I want to be a writer when I grow up.
- Last night I laid awake worrying that I am not feeding my overweight cat enough food.
- I’ve learned that I don’t enjoy running races, I’d rather run because running makes me happy and I feel better when I run.
- I worry that I’ll fall and hit my head and Eloise and Gracie will eat my body to survive.
- I love Mary Oliver
- I firmly believe that the “Best way to spread Christmas Cheer is to sing loud for all to hear.”
- My work is hard, but I love what I do; but I am working on a 5 year plan that includes hitting the road and living in Colorado for at least part of the year.
- Starbucks suckerd me in today with their offer of a “free,” cheap plastic cup
- I love Christmas lights
- I live alone, but I also manage to lose my socks
- I own way too many pairs of running shoes
- Most days, Eloise will only eat if I sit on the floor next to her and let her eat by hand
- I wish I was capable of only eating when I am hungry
- I want to hike the Grand Canyon
- I am working up the courage to do a solo camping trip
- This list is really hard to write tonight
- Everytime we have a surveyor come into work, I ask my Mom to pray for us.
- I am a born and bred United Methodist, okay I had a brief stint as a Presbyterian, but I keep a picture of the Virgin of Guadalupe at home and in my office, and I light a Virgin of Guadalupe candle each morning. I think every little bit helps.
- I like to move every 2-3 years, but that doesn’t stop me from spending countless hours looking at homes for sale on Zillow and Redfin.
- I’m very happy this list is complete, I’ve had a very long day dealing with all things Covid today and it’s time to head to bed. Good Night!
My favorite book in the series is The Long Winter! Your list was very interesting.
Hi Claire – the author of The Beautiful Snow recommends reading the Long Winter first, its been awhile for me so I am going back to read it first. I struggled with that book as a girl so I am excited to reread it now.